|The most experienced and trusted provider of Biosafety solutions, the WIRB-Copernicus Group® (WCG) has evaluated over 150 human gene transfer protocols to date – more than any organization outside of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the National Institute of Health (NIH). We also maintain a global presence, operating Institutional Biosafety Committees (IBCs) in the United States and Canada, as well as in eight countries in Africa, South America, Central America, the Caribbean, and Europe.
|The demands for biologic safety are – and will continue to be – dynamic. Through their trusted partnership with WCG, our clients achieve the safe and successful management of research involving rDNA and other potentially hazardous biological vectors.
Our Services Include:
- IBC Review Services
- Biosafety Management
- IBC and Biosafety Program Assessments
- Biosafety Training (select agents, blood borne pathogens, IATA/DOT shipping, and customized topics)
- Transitional Support (internal IBC administration to external IBC administration)
- Accreditation Support (for the use of newly-approved biologic and gene therapy products)
- Clinical Trial Protocol Development for Recombinant Materials (subject to the NIH Guidelines for Research Involving Recombinant or Synthetic Nucleic Acids)