Princeton, N.J. – January 9, 2023 – WCG, the world’s leading provider of solutions that measurably improve the quality and efficiency of clinical research, today released its Clinical Research Trends & Insights for 2023 report. In this 2023 preview, 14 thought leaders from WCG share the important shifts, trends, regulations, and priorities they believe will inform clinical trial development this year and beyond.
“After the disruptions to the clinical research field in 2020 and 2021, many looked forward to 2022 as a year of “getting back to normal,” remarked WCG’s Chief Medical Officer Lindsay McNair, MD, MPH, MSB. “Instead, we found that many pandemic-associated changes have forced us to look at a lot of issues through a new lens, and 2023 looks like it will be just as exciting.”
The 2023 report features WCG experts from a variety of areas, sharing what they’re watching, expecting, and looking forward to in 2023. They explore study design, study conduct, new proposed regulations and guidance, site trends, the types of therapeutic agents moving into clinical investigation, and more.
In it, you’ll find insights on:
- Perspectives on Clinical Research Sites in 2023
- Redesigning the Clinical Research Landscape
- Diversity Strategies and Empowering Sites to Support Them
- The FDA’s Recent Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) and Guidance
- Diversifying Clinical Research by Providing Research Participants Payments
- Clinical Trial Technology Integration Now and Into the Future
- Interoperability Required for the Future of Clinical Trials
- Quality by Design and Slowing Down to Speed Up
- The Emerging Use of Adjudication in Oncology for Determining Patient Eligibility
- mRNA: Not Just for Vaccines
- Current Trends in Neurodevelopmental and Rare Pediatric Disease
- Neuroscience Research Trends to Pay Attention to in 2023
- Epilepsy Treatments and Research: Where we Started and Where we are Heading
In addition to the report, an online panel of clinical trial experts will gather to discuss the future of clinical research in a complimentary webinar on Tuesday, January 24 at 2 p.m. ET. Register now to attend.
Chief Marketing Officer, WCG
WCG is the world’s leading provider of solutions that measurably improve the quality and efficiency of clinical research. Comprised of two divisions, the industry’s first central IRB – WCG IRB – and first clinical services organization, WCG enables biopharmaceutical companies, CROs, and institutions to advance the delivery of new treatments and therapies to patients, while maintaining the highest standards of human participant protection. For more information, please visit www.wcgirb.com, www.wcgclinical.com or follow us on Twitter @WCGClinical or LinkedIn.