Gain competitive site strength in an overcrowded clinical research landscape
How do you know if your clinical research sites are prioritizing your trial? Do you have the resources necessary to effectively run your upcoming study?
In an increasingly constrained clinical trial environment – where the demand of clinical trial volume and complexity has outpaced the supply of principal investigator participation – sites can no longer sustainably support clinical research. Learn why
And yet, leading sponsors and CROs are charting the path to attain more focused trial coverage, long-lasting site relationships, and an edge over their competitors using WCG Site Augmentation.
Deliver the resource flexibility of Site Augmentation before your trials are impacted
Through our Site Augmentation capabilities, we ensure that study teams have the support they need to mitigate site staffing shortages and constraints.
How? By deploying our highly trained clinical research professionals to meet your exact study, indication, molecule, or full therapeutic portfolio needs.
Scroll down to learn more, or contact us to SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
Learn how WCG's tailored site support solves capacity constraints
From enrollment acceleration to administrative site support, our clinical research professionals provide the right resources to overburdened study teams at just the right time.
Click the tabs above to explore the capabilities of WCG’s site-based clinical trial support professionals.
Clinical Research Coordinators
WCG Clinical Research Coordinators (CRC) act as a member of your study team, handing key research activities including:
- Patient Prescreening
- Chart Review
- Appointment Scheduling
- Appointment Follow-up & Reminder Calls
- Media Referral Processing
- Study Education
- Physician Referral Networking
- Community Outreach
- EDC Data Entry
- Query Resolution
WCG Study Coordinators (SC) can do everything a CRC can do and more, including:
- Submitting IRB documentation
- Helping prepare for monitoring and close-out visits
- Study oversight and obtaining consent
Clinical Research Nurses
WCG Clinical Research Nurses (CRN) can provide all WCG CRC services as required, but also specific clinical services (for U.S.-based trials only):
- Phlebotomy (peripheral veins only)
- Non-invasive sample collection (mouth swab, urine, sputum, nasopharyngeal swabs, etc.)
- Collect and record of basic vital signs
- Administration of investigational product (exclusively for COVID-19 studies)
- Intramuscular, subcutaneous, or intradermal injection
- Nasal administration
- Dispensation of oral products
- Administration of surveys and questionnaires
- Collection and recording of participant reported adverse events
WCG CRN staff have degrees and licenses including LPN, RN, APRN, NP and PA; the extent of candidate experience, education and licenses based on scope of services required by your sites.
Situation analysis: the bottleneck is tightening on trial operations for sponsors and sites
On the demand side…
…trials have swelled in volume and complexity over the last 10 years: For Phase III trials, the number of clinical endpoints has increased by 86% while required procedures have increased by 70%. These growing challenges require more staff and more scientifically integrated technology.
On the supply side…
…trial growth is outpacing site capacity:
- Sites are underfunded: Hospital revenues are down, and the average profit margin at sites has dropped 38%.
- Sites are understaffed: Healthcare employment has dropped precipitously during the pandemic. And in Spring of 2021, workforce shortages at hospitals and health systems widened with the number of healthcare and social assistance job openings rising to 1,319,000 from 1,287,000 in March.
- Only 3% of physicians participate in clinical trials.
- New investigator participation has dropped 48% in the last five years.
How your peers are excelling despite heightened competition
Leading sponsors and CROs are using WCG Site Augmentation services to attain more focused trial coverage, long-lasting site relationships, and an edge over their competitors:
Top 5 pharma company enrolled 30,000 patients in just over 3 months for their COVID-19 vaccine.
Sponsor provided vital data entry support for their global Oncology portfolio, reducing the average number of data entry queries opened per subject by 54%.
Dermatology-focused pharmaceutical company delivered enrollment 24 months ahead of schedule.
Contact us to discuss how you can quickly deploy site support and augmentation services for your sites.
Our team of experts are ready to discuss your studies and how we can help you navigate the ever-tightening bottle-neck on trial operations. Complete this form to request a consultation.